Installing Polycarbonate Roofing Sheets is a pretty straightforward process. Presented below are just a few of the things you need to do.
- Pre-Installation Phase: The first thing you will need to do is to ensure that you have all the equipment you will be needing beforehand. You will also need to ensure the safety of the site. That being said, make sure to place the ladder in a secure and stable spot, though it would be much better if you can use a scaffold as well as a safety harness.
- Cutting the Sheets to Size – As you may already know, these polycarbonate sheets come in different sizes. In some cases, you may need to cut the panels in order for it to fit the structure of your roof. This is actually rather easy as it can be done with a pair of shears or a circular saw. Just be sure to carefully measure the sheets before cutting.
- Correct Placement – Before you secure the roofing sheets, you need to ensure that there is at least a 5-degree slope on your roof in order for water to easily run off.
- UV Protection – One of the main reasons why people use polycarbonate roofing sheets is the fact that it provides significant UV protection. However, it may come as a surprise to most that only one side of the sheet has a special coating that deflects the harmful rays. That being said, you need to ensure that you place the sheet the right side up.
- Installation – As a general rule, you will need to start with the lower sheets first. Just take care to keep the overlap openings away from prevailing winds to avoid any untoward incidents. Typically, corrugated sheets have an overlap of 1 1/2 corrugations but this varies depending on the kind of sheet you are using.
Installing polycarbonate roofing sheets is actually pretty straightforward. You will have no trouble doing it yourself.